Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A Bit of History



I was born, raised, and educated in Cagayan de Oro, a well-located city in the northern part of Mindanao. There are so many things I love about this city, and even though I have lived in another city for about 3 years due to work, I always end up missing everything that's Kagay-anon. Cagayan de Oro is also known as Kagay-an and the people who are originally from the city are affectionatetly referred to as Kagay-anons.

In my childhood, I've always dreamed of leaving my home city, but now that I'm all grown up and able to pack my bags and settle somewhere else, the pull of the city always takes over. I don't know why, but I think I might stay for a bit, before exploring other worlds.

What I like best here is that everything is strategically and conveniently located. Head downtown and you'll find Divisoria, Xavier University, and a range of restaurants, cafes, bookstores, convenience stores, and cozy pension houses. Limketkai Mall and Robinson's Place are just a few minutes away and if you are looking for a place to unwind, there's Rosario Arcade where you'll find a selection of chic eateries, bars, and coffee shops. A few minutes further, you'll find SM easily located near recently-developed first-class residential areas. Cagayan de Oro is one of the most progressive cities in the country no doubt, but you can still see the rural beauty of the city: the expansive Cagayan de Oro river, lush trees, historical caves and water falls, adventure parks, and smiling people.

Cagayan de Oro may be well known for white water rafting, river trekking, the weekly night market downtown, and its friendly residents, but my city is actually more than that. The city of golden friendship is also home to some of the best restaurants and best dishes all over the country. We have the best barbecue, pancit canton, baby back ribs, and the best lechon and chicharon in all of Mindanao! When you're here, you simply have no reason to be hungry.

So there. Hope you enjoy this site! After all, it's all about food, places, and everything Kagay-anon and Mindanaoan! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment